MPI Potomac Career Development Committee is dedicated to:
Supporting the professional development of the events and meeting industry. The committee produces CMP exam preparation classes for members and non-members that provide support, guidance, and sample test questions to increase pass rates.
- Maintain industry designation information on the MPI Potomac website
- Plan and facilitate four CMP study course sessions per year.
- Connect students with mentors who have earned their designation(s).
- Write articles for MPI Potomac’s magazine and e-newsletters.
- Train CMP study course facilitators on best practices and keep them appraised of changes to the designation.
- Partner with other MPI Potomac committees on strategic initiatives.
- Develop relationships with partners at local venues to host class sessions.
- Venue coordinator: communicate with our venue for room set-ups, A/V needs, and other administrative needs
- Student coordinator: support our students with weekly updates, reminders, monitor our LinkedIn group, and follow-up with students after the class
- Facilitator: lead a class session (CMP designation required)
- Content coordinator: review CMP mock exams for revisions, create new sample questions for classes, design other study support materials
The committee welcomes all levels of involvement and welcomes MPI Potomac members with an interest in advancing the skills, knowledge, and careers of industry professionals. No contribution is too little. The committee holds monthly conference calls to keep everyone up-to-date on our activities, with one to two in-person committee meetings per year. You do not have to hold a designation to serve on the committee, just an interest in advancing the skills, knowledge, and careers of our members.
MPI Potomac Story:
The best part of working with CMP candidates is watching their progress. Many students haven’t taken, or studied for, a test in years. Over the course of our classes they develop confidence, increase their knowledge base, and make connections that increase their network.
Shelli Vasser Gilliam, CMP
Board Director :
Ronda Keys, CMP, CMM ,CEM, CTA, DES, HMCC ;
Join this Committee